Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Preparing Digital Artwork
Macromedia FreeHand 7.0 for Windows 9x/NT
PLEASE NOTE: When creating graphics in illustration programs such as Macromedia FreeHand with the intention of outputting to an imagesetter or platesetter, it is extremely important that the person creating the illustration have a thorough understanding of the details of imaging in a prepress environment. There are an abundance of complex problems that can occur at output if paths are set up improperly, colors are indicated incorrectly, or other elements are constructed improperly. Trapping issues can also present problems if not addressed. The more complicated your illustration becomes, the greater the probability of problems at output, and therefore the need for more expertise and experience in creating the files.
1. Setup Output Options. From the FreeHand menu bar, go to (File->Output Options). Match the settings shown below:
2. Setup Preferences. From the FreeHand menu bar, go to (File-> Preferences). Choose Import/Export and match the settings shown below.
Saving and Exporting Graphics
1. Do all cropping, editing, and assembly.
2. Convert all text to paths (Text -> Convert To Paths). This eliminates the requirement of sending CPC fonts. There isn't a quality loss when converting text to paths.
3. Embed all imported graphics. Select an imported graphic then go to the (Info Palette -> Links) and make sure all links are embedded. (This step is for FreeHand files with imported images only).
Important: Be careful NOT to import RGB scans files into your FreeHand documents. It is important to check all images in Photoshop (or similar program) before importing them into FreeHand. Imported images should only be in the CMYK, Grayscale or Bitmap color modes.
4. Save the file as Editable EPS. From the FreeHand menu bar, go to (File -> Save As...). Select Editable EPS file as shown below. Be sure to recheck your preferences before saving.
All trademarks mentioned here belong to their respective owners.
|Get Technical Support by e-mail!
© Copyright 2018 Cenveo Publisher Services. All Rights Reserved.