Saturday, July 21, 2018
Preparing Digital Artwork
PLEASE NOTE: All work created in KaleidaGraph must be saved as black and white. We do not support color figures created in KaleidaGraph.
Please note: Some journals now require that color be submitted in RGB color mode. To learn more about the RGB workflow click here.
When creating graphics in illustration programs such as KaleidaGraph with the intention of outputting to an imagesetter or platesetter, it is extremely important that the person creating the illustration have a thorough understanding of the details of imaging in a prepress environment. There are an abundance of complex problems that can occur at output if paths are set up improperly, colors are indicated incorrectly, or other elements are constructed improperly. Trapping issues can also present problems if not addressed. The more complicated your illustration becomes, the greater the probability of problems at output, and therefore the need for more expertise and experience in creating the files.
The screen shots shown below are with version 8.4.3 of the LaserWriter extension, which is the version shipping with MacOS version 8.0. The dialog boxes may look slightly different than other versions of the LaserWriter driver, but should still work as long as the fields are the same.
Saving a Black and White Graphic as an EPS file
1. From the File menu choose Print Graphics...
2. You will be presented with a dialog box as shown:
3. Change the "Destination" field from "Printer" to "File".
4. Change the field "General" to "Save as File".
5. Change the field "Format" from "PostScript Job" to "EPS Mac Enhanced Preview".
6. Change the field "Font inclusion" from "None" to "All".
7. Save settings for future use by clicking on the "Save Settings" button.
8. Finally, click on the Save button to save the EPS file.
All trademarks mentioned here belong to their respective owners.
Mention or inclusion of products herein is for informational purposes only.
|Get Technical Support by e-mail!
© Copyright 2018 Cenveo Publisher Services. All Rights Reserved.